2016 Melbourne Regatta & Blessing of the Fleet
When: Sunday, 28 August, 2016
Where: Docklands, Melbourne
Time: 11am to 5pm
Come to this magnificent waterside spectacle to celebrate the connection between Melbourne and the sea. Born out of a river settlement, developed through trade and immigration, stabilised by gold and farming, this great city owes much to the ships who made that connection.
The rivers and the great bay have been bountiful, providing food, leisure, relaxation and a highway to the rest of the world.
Discover too, the land before it became Melbourne. Learn about the people and the natural landscape that existed long before and why this made Melbourne a perfect place to build a village.
Everyone is invited to join in the fun and excitement and come along on Sunday, August 28th 2016 to celebrate Melbourne's maritime and indigenous history.
- See a magnificent Spectacle of Cruising Boats, dressed especially for the occasion
- Hop aboard Free Ferry cruises around Victoria Harbour be part of a Welcome to Country Ceremony
- Hear Father Bob Bless the Fleet
- Listen to live entertainment, walking tours and story telling
- Shop at the Sunday Market with many food stalls and local cafes open
- Be surprised by Roving Entertainment
- Sing along with the Mass Choirs
- And much much more
The 2016 Melbourne Regatta & Blessing of the Fleet is organised by the Melbourne Passenger Boating Association.